An effective blood cold chain is essential. Blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma (FFP) are sensitive biologic products that require specified temperature ranges and conditions during transportation. Deviations from those conditions can seriously affect the clinical benefits of the product, resulting in an increased risk of bacterial proliferation in blood components and may cause potentially life-threatening transfusion reactions.
In addition to patient safety, a break in the blood cold chain leads to wastage and discard of unsuitable blood units, which may adversely affect the supply of blood and blood products for transfusion.
- Fast-track your qualification — Cut time-to-market by several months through proven data models from thousands of profiling and shipping studies.
- Developed around key requirements — From regulatory compliance to seasonal transportation processes, Infitrak utilizes it all to create an optimized blood cooler solution.
- Optimization: more than just a word — Tested for the right quantity of refrigerant to reduce container weights and maximize the number of blood bags you can store and transport.
- Durability and recyclability — We are so sure of the quality that we encourage product reconditioning for reuse that gives you the ability to reduce your cost-per-shipment to that of a single-use container.
- Scalability to meet your needs — Available in multiple sizes & configurations, as a fully qualified solution or separate components (EPS, EPP, corrugate, PCMs).
- All reports included — Every solution includes Qualification Reports (IQ and OQ). Seasonal Performance Qualifications available with minimum quantities.
Similar to an “Igloo” style cooler, these containers are specifically designed, certified and tested in the Mesa Labs to assure temperature consistency over a set period of time in real-world conditions. This makes it ideal for multiple pickup and delivery locations or storage.
Infitrak has validated the TempTrust line of blood coolers to maintain a consistent temperature at three different crucial temperature ranges from 12 hours to 144 hours. This makes it ideal for many blood banks, infusion clinics, labs and hospitals that require temperature consistency of their biologics, regardless of the season or length of transport and storage.
The TempTrust line is available in multiple temperature performance ranges and duration based upon requirements, however:
- 1°C to 10°C
- 2°C to 8°C
- 2°C to 25°C
- 15°C to 25°C
- 20°C to 24°C
are available standard. Custom profiles are available for volume orders. All can be ordered as a complete solution (Container, refrigerants, and/or vacuum panels) or can be ordered separately as components).