ISTA is the leading industry developer of testing protocols and design standards that define how packages should perform to ensure complete protection of their contents during shipment under changing environments. Globally, ISTA is the most trusted, knowledgeable and respected authority in predictive package-performance testing helping its members develop more effective packaging.
ISTA Certification is available only to ISTA members. Members include shippers who manufacture and distribute products, carriers who provide the distribution means, organizations that supply packaging materials and services, and testing laboratories that perform packaged-product performance tests. Click here for ISTA Membership, Benefits and Certification for Testing Laboratories
Benefits of ISTA Certification Mark
The biggest single advantage to shipper members is the use of the ISTA® Transit Tested Certification Mark on their packaging. This mark proves to shippers that their certified package meets one of the ISTA standards. It offers the following benefits:
- Provides visible proof that a package conforms to an established test standard and requirements
- Assures that the package is adequately protected against drop, vibration, compression and/or atmospheric hazards proven to exist in the transit environment
- Builds greater confidence and trust
- Assures greater customer satisfaction and goodwill for the company
- Ensures that new products get to the market faster by eliminating the need for multiple trial shipments
- Strengthens a company’s position in claims negotiations and dispute with a distribution channel representative
The Mesa packaging design and testing facility is one of the few fully compliant facilities within North America with ISTA 7E, Standard 20 compliance, and has the ability to certify customer packaging with the ISTA certified mark.