Mesa Labs approved temperature indicators provide a snapshot of temperature excursions at any point along the supply chain.
There are typically two types of indicators available, electronic and chemical.
- Electronic indicators will typically record the time, date, and temperature threshold exceeded and results can be seen via a digital LCD readout.
- Chemical indicators provide a snapshot of a specific time a temperature threshold has been exceeded and how long it was exposed. A change in color indicates a temperature threshold has been exceeded.
Both types are tested for accuracy, are easy to use and are intended to be a single use, low cost alternative to data loggers. Many times indicators are used in conjunction with recorders as well. Indicators may be placed on the individual product and recorders placed in a crate, shipping container or vehicle. Regardless of which solution you choose, chemical or electronic indicators and recorders allow you to make critical, time-sensitive decisions about your shipments.
In addition to those manufactured by Mesa Labs, we carry multiple makes, models and temperature variations are available from leading manufacturers, like Berlinger, ShockWatch, and LogTag. Each are available for use with our services or can be purchased directly from us.
- Digital multi-alarm indicators
- Digital freeze indicators
- Chemical cold/freeze indicators (Available with multiple temperature time thresholds)
- Chemical warm indicators long and short run (Available with multiple temperature time thresholds)
- Chemical heat indicators
All are easy to use, customizable and come with NIST traceable validation certificates.
Still not sure which type of solution is right for you? Contact us to walk you through the selection process.